Do you know how to manage responsible sourcing requirements?
Today, progressive brands are beginning to allow suppliers to manage factory compliance, given that suppliers have the right program framework in place:
- The Supplier has established effective policies, procedures and controls
- Supplier has taken steps to ensure that there is effective program oversight by employees at the appropriate level
- Supplier provides communication and training on requirements to employees and suppliers
- Supplier staff follow its own policies and procedures and Supplier regularly audits and monitors supplier compliance to requirements.
- Rules and regulations are consistently enforced and there are consequences for noncompliance.
- The supplier commits to continuous improvement of its program, responds appropriately to incidents and take steps to prevent future incidents