Social, Environmental & Technical Assessments
Each year members of our highly trained field staff conduct thousands of comprehensive labor and environmental compliance assessments throughout Asia, the Indian Sub-continent, Europe, Africa and the Americas with professionalism and cultural awareness. As a result, we have a clear understanding of regional and country-specific trends and challenges that help evolve and guide our assessment methodology.
Our qualified engineers also perform structural integrity, electrical safety, and fire safety assessments to ensure factory buildings and associated facilities are structurally sound and electrical and fire safety systems are in good condition.
Social & Environmental Assessments
Our teams in the field carry out over 10,000 assessments every year, with coverage in 84 countries. We understand industry best practice and country-specific trends and cultural practices. Our rich data, derived from a long history of assessment, training and worker surveys, fuel predictive insights for managing supply chain risk and implementing impactful programs that create sustained improvement.
Assessments are typically executed against company and/or industry codes of conduct (COC) and local labor laws using our experienced local staff. The structure of each assessment is adjusted to meet client objectives, unique country challenges, and any worksite history that may be available. Assessments generally include an opening and closing meeting with management, visual/physical inspection, document/records review, and most importantly, confidential worker interviews.
ELEVATE has been accredited by the Fair Labor Association (FLA), The Electronics Industry Citizenship Coalition (EICC) and Business Social Compliance Initiative (BSCI) as well as a number of tightly screened client programs. ELEVATE has experience in the following industries: Apparel & Footwear, General Consumer Products, Agriculture, Toys, Electronics, Food, and Cottage Industries.
Because controlling bribery and maintaining integrity are so important to ELEVATE's reputation, we have included specific requirements for each of the below components of our working process as part of our Integrity Program.
To access this service, please visit the below website:
Above highlighted shows the countries where ELEVATE has capacity to execute.
- An accredited Independent External Monitor (IEM) for the Fair Labor Association (FLA)
- An accredited monitor for the Electronic Industry Citizenship Coalition (EICC)
- Validated Auditing Process (VAP)
- An approved assessment service provider for the Business for Social Responsibility (BSR) Mills & Sundry initiative
- An approved member of the Sedex - Associate Auditor Group (AAG) member. Approved to conduct SMETA audits
- Program Approved: Levi Strauss licensee assessments, The Walt Disney Company, Hasbro, BBC, Phillips-Van Heusen (PVH), Wal-Mart, Tesco, Marks & Spencers (M&S), Lego, Adidas, University of Southern California (USC)
- An accredited audit firm for Business Social Compliance Initiative (BSCI)
- Employ IRCA accredited Social Systems auditor
ELEVATE believes the best way to ensure consistent quality of our services is active management oversight that includes hiring quality staff members, training, continuous education and detailed review of each report.
Specifically in the area of report writing, ELEVATE administers the following:
- Auditor training and reference materials specifically covering report writing;
- Document control process to ensure the most recent document revisions are being used consistently;
- Client specific instructions and example reports;
- 100% local quality control/report review process;
- 100% percent non-local quality control/report view process for new programs until a consistent level of reporting is established;
- Periodic review of the final reports with the client to ensure Level Works understands the client's requirements and we are executing to the client's expectations.
Building & Fire Safety Assessments
ELEVATE’s qualified engineers understand that structural, fire and electrical risks are potential threats to worker safety in supply chains. We carry out technical assessments of factory buildings to detect life safety hazards and recommend remedial measures to protect workers, facilities, and communities.
- Services performed by our registered engineers:
- Structural Integrity Assessments
- Electrical Safety Assessments
- Fire Safety Assessments
- Detailed Engineering Analyses
- eLearning and Technical Training Seminars
These technical services include document reviews, factory inspections, corrective action plans, supervision of remediation, and follow up inspections by qualified structural, electrical and fire safety engineers.
Equipped with the latest tools, devices and training, ELEVATE engineers carry out ferro scanning, thermographic scanning, ultrasonic pulse velocity tests, and additional diagnostic procedures to determine the soundness of structures and the condition of electrical systems